Network Performance

Chris Jensen chris at drspirograph.com
Sun Mar 10 12:20:19 CET 2002

> Is there any way for you to try to play it directly (ie not through the
> network) to see if the performance issue is network-related or not ?

I've since managed to extract a portion of the DVD (using transcode) and copy
it to my local hard disk and I am still having problems with playback.
I've tried almost all the tricks on the xine FAQ for improving performance
(I'm about to have a look at my the suggestions for improving the speed of
memory)
Can anyone suggest what might be pulling the performance down?

--
Chris Jensen
chris at drspirograph.com

Public Key: http://drspirograph.com/public_key/

Wait: Did you know that there's a direct correlation between the decline of
Spirograph and the rise in gang activity?  Think about it.
- Dr Spirograph (The Simpsons)