Local media and VLC..

Russell McOrmond russell at flora.ca
Wed Mar 27 21:11:37 CET 2002

  I don't know when the story will be published, or whether there will be
an online copy, but..

  A photographer from the Ottawa Citizen
<http://www.canada.com/ottawa/ottawacitizen/> was just here taking
pictures of me watching the movie "Anti-Trust" using VLC.  This is for a
story they are doing on digital copyright and some of the work I have done
in this area.

  For the article that peaked their interest to do the story, see:

http://www.flora.ca/copyright-2001-cmpda-reply.shtml

  Essentially, they are trying to enact a DMCA-like law in Canada, and a
large group of Open Source folks across Canada have been involved to
oppose it.

  If this article is put online, I will let people know about the URL.

---
 See http://weblog.flora.org/ for announcements, activities, and opinions
 Get Legal - become Free! http://weblog.flora.ca/article.php3?story_id=126
 Stay Legal - Use Free Software  http://www.stay-legal.org/