help me please

terkurung terkurung at yahoo.com
Wed May 1 03:19:06 CEST 2002

 Bonjour my friends,
Hi there, I really need help from you guys. I've installed the current vls on my linux 7.2 (redhat). Everything seems ok, but when I tried to run dvd, it complains the following:
libdvdread: can't open libdvdcss: libdvdcss.so.0, Encrypted DVD support not available

Then I realised that I haven't installed libdvdcss before installing the libdvdread. So Install the libdvdcss. I used the latest rpms. Actually I already installed the libdvdread and libdvdcss (from Tarball), but it doesn't seem to know that. (any suggestions? I already run ldconfig)
So anyway, now what I got is:
libdvdread: Device inaccessable, CCS authentication not availabe; libdvdread: using normal filesystem.

Now what do I do ? Any suggestion on how "uninstall" the installed rpms, and any suggestion on how solving dependecies of RPMs when I have the dependent file obtained from tarbal ?

I have tried this: rpm -i vls-dvd-x.x.x.rpm /home/agus/videolan/libdvdcss/libdvdcss.so.0 ,and it complains about "read manifest failed: success"

I also have a question, does vlc version for windows only works on xp ? I tried it on my win2k, and i got very distorted picture, very "red" and the aspect ratio is very screwd up.

Ok thanks alot :-)

Hendry