networktools ???

Alexis de Lattre alexis at via.ecp.fr
Fri May 3 00:48:37 CEST 2002

On Thu, May 02, 2002, ralf techritz wrote:
> I tried to run VLAN vls on a linux-Serverbox and vlc on a Win2000 machine.
> At the moment on both engines the vlc works fine (reads form HDD).
>
> But I didn't got a vls-vlc connection till now.
> Do I have to install all of the networktools or wich of that I have to
> install.
> There are any othre gerneral advices?

The first question is : what do you want to do with VideoLAN ?
The second is : what network do you have ? (Multicast support ? Bandwidth ?)

If you have a network that support multicast, the VideoLAN quickstart
(www.videolan.org/doc) will help you to set up the complete solution
with multiple channels.

--
Alexis