VLC 0.3.1 on Win2000: Freezes when trying to read encrypted DVD

Jon Lech Johansen jon-vl at nanocrew.net
Sat May 4 19:47:43 CEST 2002

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 06:11:53PM +0100, Thomas Schaumburg (Thomas.Schaumburg at hiq.dk) wrote:
> VLC doesn't give me any sort of error messages or diagnostics, but when I
> run it using
>
> 	vlc -vvvvv --intf=logger
>
> it gives me the vlc.log file attached below. I cannot figure out how to
> actually try to play a DVD *and* produce a log at the same time.

vlc -vvvvv --intf=logger dvd:f:\

--
Jon Johansen
nanocrew.net

http://www.eff.org/support/jonfund.html

MR. LEVY:  I'm sorry, your Honor. I actually have a technology expert
  with me. Would the Court like to or would they agree to hear a very
  brief statement on this point from that expert?
THE COURT: No.    -- MPAA v. Reimerdes injunction hearing, 2000/01/21