Problem...

John Mellor John at Kungfu-tse.net
Wed May 8 11:01:47 CEST 2002

I seem to have a similar problem, posted on 30th April.  Had no response
though.

"In the meantime sound works OK with esd but no video.   Error message
says it cannot find the vlcrc file in my home folder and does not know the
depth of the display, and sure enough the file does not exist.   I
completely reinstalled but no change.  Anyone know what has happened?  I
uninstalled the previous version - 0.2.9 - before installing this one.
There is no videolan file or folder of any kind in my home folder, hidden
or otherwise."

John