Windows DVD Player

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Thu May 9 20:19:38 CEST 2002

On Tuesday 07 May 2002 01:17, Hans Jacob Nelson wrote:
> Hi, I installed the windows version of the vlc on windows 98 and it plays
fine
> and in time, but there seems to be a loss of quality. It does not look
like full
> mpeg-2 quality. I see alot of pixelization. Is this the quality level it
should
> be at? Is it a know problem or is there a problem on my end? Thanks for
your
> time. --Hans

I guess this means vlc is not making use of your graphics card YUV overlay
capabilities. This should give you a better video quality and consum less
CPU than not using any hardware acceleration at all.

This is kinda strange because YUV overlay is supported by most of the
graphics cards under Windows.
I would be interested in having more information about your setup and if
you can a vlc log. (you can tell vlc to log every thing to vlc.log if you
start vlc from the command line and use "vlc --intf=logger
nameofyourvideofile")

Regards,

--
Gildas