win2k problems

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Thu May 9 20:36:22 CEST 2002

On Monday 06 May 2002 16:21, paul.damink at philips.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to get the videolan client working on a windows2000 system.
> Unfortunately there
> seem to be a lot of problems :
> * the hardware acceleration doen't seem to work

This is strange, under windows most of the graphics cards support hardware
acceleration (hardware YUV overlay).
Could you run "Directx Caps Viewer" and send me the information concerning
the DirectDraw Devices ? (dxcapsviewer allows you to print to a file)
The dxcapsviewer (Directx Caps Viewer) utility is included in the DirectX
SDKs or alternatively you can download it from here:
http://www.unistellar.com/downloads/DXCapsViewer.zip

> * the video-output uses the direct-x option but when this is selected in
> the preferences menu it stops working
> * the audio-ouput worked only once and then stopped working with all
> output-options

There is a bug in vlc-0.3.1 related to the config file. Try to remove this
config file. This config file is stored in $HOME/videolan or $TMP/videolan,
you can alternatively check whithin vlc's logs where the file is stored.

Regards,

--
Gildas