Jaguar and vlc

Kadari Mayson dark3lf at mac.com
Sun May 12 00:31:19 CEST 2002

On 5/11/02 4:18 PM, "Christophe Massiot" <massiot at via.ecp.fr> wrote:

> À (At) 21:21 -0400 9/05/2002, Kadari Mayson écrivait (wrote) :
>
>> Although I realize that it might be far too early to report this but I tried
>> Jaguar at work and found that vlc while stable, plays horribly on the beta.
>> Jaguar had QT 6 installed, I tried it on a dual 800, and there was no video,
>> it ate up 25% of the processor cycles when playing a VCD and ~90% when
>> playing an SVCD.  Just thought I'd give you a bit of a heads up.
>
> Is it a beta build of Jaguar ? Maybe they have a log of debugging
> code in this build which slows down everything.

That certainly might be the case and you would know more than I, but the
rest of the system is definitely faster than 10.1.x.  I don't have any
official benchmarks, but once you use it, you can tell.  It feels much like
OS 9, and I'm speaking from personal experience.  Could it be that itself
QT6 is the culprit?

The same application on the same machine works extremely well in 10.1.4.

./km