Pausing and Skipping during DVD Playback

James Green jg at jmkg.clara.co.uk
Mon May 13 22:23:18 CEST 2002

On Fri, 2002-05-10 at 23:56, philo vivero wrote:
> On Fri, 10 May 2002 11:30:51 -0700
> philo vivero <phiviv at hacklab.net> wrote:
>
> > Now I'm running 0.2.91, and I still have this bug:
> >
> > Every so often, the playback will pause for 1/4 or 1/2 second. Then the
> > sound will be out-of-sync with the video until it catches up.
>
> Just for the record, 0.3.1 does the same thing.

Interesting. I experienced this myself, and spoke to the vlc people on
OPN. They asked for my hardware specs (XP 2000+, 768MB ram, 16x DVD) and
they said I shouldn't ever have a problem with it; so they asked me to
check that dma was turned on all my ide devices. It wasn't. I now turn
it on on boot and haven't had a major problem since.

I believe I had a minor pause playing Gladiator, but nothing that a
quick pause/start didn't fix.

HTH.

James.