Can't start vlc from terminal in OS X

Ian Airey Ian.Airey at kcom.com
Fri May 17 13:06:24 CEST 2002

On the same lines as the mesagge from Stephan Håkansson I have been having
problems with running from the commandline in OSX - how do i get a divx file
to run from a file on the desktop through the command line (- If i use the
--ac3-adec pass will this let me hear the ac3 sound in the divx properly)

the command i am using (that doesn't work) is
ian% ./vlc.app/Contents/MacOS/vlc divx:/Users/ian/Desktop/LOTR-CD3.avi

I just keep getting : module error: requested access module 'divx'
unavailable
input error: no suitable access plug-in for
'divx/:Users/ian/Desktop/LOTR/LOTR-CD3.avi'

but vlc can play a divx from thr "open file" command in the GUI

can anyone help?

Cheers
Ian

Ian Airey
Graphic Designer

Kingston Information
Warehouse 6
Princes Dock Street
Hull
HU1 2LP

Tel:       01482 381219
Fax:      01482 216816
ISDN:    01482 229265
E-Mail:  Ian.Airey at kcom.com

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original email.