No Video with MPEG-2 PS

Starkey, Jamuel, NLNS jamuel at att.com
Fri May 17 18:44:21 CEST 2002

Hi,

Was having trouble viewing an MPEG-2 PS with the VLC client (either 0.3.1 or the latest test binary).  I *only* seem to be receiving the sound.  If I start an MPEG-1 stream I receive both sound and video just fine.  FWIW, my MPEG-2 PS is probably ok since I can view it with WMP (with an MPG-2 codec) on WinDoze and Ogle on RH (when played as a file and even VLC can play the file when played as File).  So I'm guessing there is something wrong on my VLS??

I'm sure it's probably a stupid configuration/compile dependancy problem--but would appreciate any advice as I've tried this on multiple windoze boxes and a couple RH clients . . .  (I think) I'm running the default configuration.  (I unzip the binary-archive and then point the client at a Network Stream (TS) at which a Linux VLS server running v0.3.3.  As for compiling VLS I followed the instructions in INSTALL . . .

Any insight would be great as would any sort of general troubleshooting tips that might mitigate me from having to hassle the lists . . .

Thanks,

JPS

I'm running Win2K SP2 or WinXP Pro . . .  my linux box is RH7.2 running 2.4.18 kernel on a Compaq Proliant ML330 . . .

Thanks,

JPS