OSX client performance

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Mon May 20 02:08:13 CEST 2002

À (At) 14:35 +0200 11/05/2002, player000 at noos.fr écrivait (wrote) :

>This is something that almost never happens in QT. You can tax the
>system as much as you want, sound will (almost) never skip, same in
>iTunes, the players use RT thread for audio. Have you looked into
>such an implementation?

I have just added support for real-time threads in the CVS. It will
be in 0.4.0, and it's much better when the system is loaded. Not
perfect though, mainly because of the transparency effects (menus,
other windows) which take a lot of CPU. I do not know how to disable
them on my window (any hint ?).

--
Christophe Massiot.