Windows interface - Bug report

Alexis de Lattre alexis at via.ecp.fr
Wed May 22 12:27:35 CEST 2002

I have tested two recent versions of vlc under my windows XP :

- GTK interface
(http://www.videolan.org/pub/videolan/testing/vlc-win32-20020521.zip)

- Win 32 interface
(http://www.via.ecp.fr/~ipkiss/vlc/vlc-0.4.0-win32-2.exe)

My test scenario was :

1. delete config file
2. launch vlc
3. read a multicasted DVD
4. See if it was working all right
5. Go into preferences and select "DirectX" as audio output. Save. Apply.
6. read the same multicasted DVD
7. See if it was working all right

With the GTK interface, I had no problem.

With the Win 32 interface, it segfaulted just after step 6. When I
restart vlc with the config file after this, It works but I have no
sound. I tested many times.

Here is the log of the Message Window before the segfault :

VideoLAN Client - version 0.4.0_2002-05-21 Ourumov - (c) 1996-2002 VideoLAN

module: new builtin module `main', main program
module: checking built-in modules
module: new builtin module `idct', IDCT module
module: new builtin module `idctclassic', classic IDCT module
module: new builtin module `motion', motion compensation module
module: new builtin module `imdct', AC3 IMDCT module
module: new builtin module `downmix', AC3 downmix module
module: new builtin module `chroma_i420_rgb', I420,IYUV,YV12 to RGB,RV15,RV16,RV24,RV32 conversions
module: new builtin module `chroma_i420_yuy2', conversions from I420,IYUV,YV12 to YUY2,YUNV,YVYU,UYVY,UYNV,Y422,IUYV,cyuv,Y211
module: new builtin module `chroma_i422_yuy2', conversions from I422 to YUY2,YUNV,YVYU,UYVY,UYNV,Y422,IUYV,cyuv,Y211
module: new builtin module `chroma_i420_ymga', conversions from I420,IYUV,YV12 to YMGA
module: new builtin module `mpeg_adec', MPEG I/II layer 1/2 audio decoder
module: new builtin module `ac3_adec', software AC3 decoder
module: new builtin module `mpeg_vdec', MPEG I/II video decoder module
module: new builtin module `memcpymmx', MMX memcpy module
module: new builtin module `idctmmx', MMX IDCT module
module: new builtin module `motionmmx', MMX motion compensation module
module: new builtin module `chroma_i420_rgb_mmx', MMX I420,IYUV,YV12 to RV15,RV16,RV24,RV32 conversions
module: new builtin module `chroma_i420_yuy2_mmx', MMX conversions from I420,IYUV,YV12 to YUY2,YUNV,YVYU,UYVY,UYNV,Y422,IUYV,cyuv
module: new builtin module `chroma_i422_yuy2_mmx', MMX conversions from I422 to YUY2,YUNV,YVYU,UYVY,UYNV,Y422,IUYV,cyuv
module: new builtin module `chroma_i420_ymga_mmx', MMX conversions from I420,IYUV,YV12 to YMGA
module: new builtin module `memcpymmxext', MMX EXT memcpy module
module: new builtin module `idctmmxext', MMX EXT IDCT module
module: new builtin module `motionmmxext', MMXEXT motion compensation module
module: new builtin module `memcpy3dn', 3D Now! memcpy module
module: new builtin module `imdct3dn', 3D Now! AC3 IMDCT module
module: new builtin module `downmix3dn', 3D Now! AC3 downmix module
module: new builtin module `dvd', DVD input module, uses libdvdcss
module: checking plugin modules
module: browsing `.'
module: browsing `plugins'
module: new plugin module `ac3_spdif', SPDIF pass-through AC3 decoder
module: new plugin module `avi', RIFF-AVI Stream input
module: new plugin module `directx', DirectX extension module
module: new plugin module `dummy', dummy functions module
module: new plugin module `file', Standard filesystem file reading
module: new plugin module `filter_clone', image clone video module
module: new plugin module `filter_deinterlace', deinterlacing module
module: new plugin module `filter_distort', miscellaneous video effects module
module: new plugin module `filter_invert', invert video module
module: new plugin module `filter_transform', image transformation module
module: new plugin module `filter_wall', image wall video module
module: new plugin module `fx_scope', scope effect module
module: new plugin module `http', HTTP access plug-in
module: new plugin module `intfwin', Win32 interface module
module: new plugin module `ipv4', IPv4 network abstraction layer
module: new plugin module `logger', file logging interface module
module: new plugin module `lpcm_adec', linear PCM audio decoder
module: new plugin module `memcpy', libc memcpy module
module: new plugin module `mpeg_audio', MPEG I/II Audio stream demux
module: new plugin module `mpeg_es', ISO 13818-2 MPEG Elementary Stream input
module: new plugin module `mpeg_ps', ISO 13818-1 MPEG Program Stream input
module: new plugin module `mpeg_ts', ISO 13818-1 MPEG Transport Stream input
module: new plugin module `null', the Null module that does nothing
module: new plugin module `rc', remote control interface module
module: new plugin module `spudec', DVD subtitles decoder module
module: new plugin module `udp', Raw UDP access plug-in
module: new plugin module `waveout', Win32 waveOut extension module
module: browsing `/usr/local/lib/videolan/vlc'
module: module bank initialized, found 54 modules
config: opening config file D:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur\Application Data/videolan/vlcrc
config: config file D:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur\Application Data/videolan/vlcrc doesn't already exist
intf: playlist initialized
intf: added `@239.255.255.42' to playlist
module: locking memcpy module `memcpymmxext'
module: locking interface module `intfwin'
intf: interface initialized
intf: creating new input thread
input: playlist item `@239.255.255.42'
thread info: 408 (input) has been created (src/input/input.c:197)
input: access `', demux `', name `@239.255.255.42'
input: dvd=D raw= title=239 chapter=255 angle=255
dvd error: partition 0 not found
dvd error: fatal failure in ifo
input error: cannot stat() file `@239.255.255.42' (No such file or directory)
input error: no suitable access plug-in for `/:@239.255.255.42'
thread info: 408 has been joined ((unknown):0)
module: hiding unused plugin module `waveout'
module: hiding unused plugin module `udp'
module: hiding unused plugin module `spudec'
module: hiding unused plugin module `rc'
module: hiding unused plugin module `null'
module: hiding unused plugin module `mpeg_ts'
module: hiding unused plugin module `mpeg_ps'
module: hiding unused plugin module `mpeg_es'
module: hiding unused plugin module `mpeg_audio'
module: hiding unused plugin module `memcpy'
module: hiding unused plugin module `lpcm_adec'
module: hiding unused plugin module `logger'
module: hiding unused plugin module `ipv4'
module: hiding unused plugin module `http'
module: hiding unused plugin module `fx_scope'
module: hiding unused plugin module `filter_wall'
module: hiding unused plugin module `filter_transform'
module: hiding unused plugin module `filter_invert'
module: hiding unused plugin module `filter_distort'
module: hiding unused plugin module `filter_deinterlace'
module: hiding unused plugin module `filter_clone'
module: hiding unused plugin module `dummy'
module: hiding unused plugin module `directx'
module: hiding unused plugin module `file'
module: hiding unused plugin module `avi'
module: hiding unused plugin module `ac3_spdif'
network: channels initialized
intf info: joining channel 1
channel: connecting to vthr:6010
module: locking network module `ipv4'
module: unlocking module `ipv4'
network: looking for MAC address
network: found MAC address 00:01:02:1E:9B:8B
network: MAC address is 00:01:02:1E:9B:8B
network: attempting to join channel 1
intf: creating new input thread
input: playlist item `udp://@239.255.255.42:1234'
thread info: 464 (input) has been created (src/input/input.c:197)
input: access `udp', demux `', name `@239.255.255.42:1234'
input: opening server=:0 local=239.255.255.42:1234
module: locking network module `ipv4'
module: unlocking module `ipv4'
module: locking access module `udp'
module: locking demux module `mpeg_ts'
intf: stream has changed, refreshing interface
input: packet lost by TS demux: current 0, packet 3
input: packet lost by TS demux: current 0, packet 3
ES 50 has unknown type
Selecting ES 80
input: selecting ES 0x80
module: locking decoder module `mpeg_vdec'
thread info: 496 (decoder) has been created (src/input/input_dec.c:85)
Selecting ES 81
input: selecting ES 0x81
module: locking decoder module `ac3_adec'
thread info: 508 (decoder) has been created (src/input/input_dec.c:85)
ES 87 has unknown type
module: locking motion module `motionmmxext'
module: locking iDCT module `idctmmxext'
module: locking downmix module `downmix3dn'
module: locking iMDCT module `imdct3dn'
input: packet lost by TS demux: current 0, packet 2
intf: stream has changed, refreshing interface
aout: no aout present, spawning one
aout: waveOut aout_Open
module: locking audio output module `waveout'
aout: WaveOut aout_SetFormat
thread info: 644 (audio output) has been created (src/audio_output/audio_output.c:263)
aout info: signed 16 bits thread spawned, 2 channels, rate 44100
aout info: fifo #0 allocated, 2 channels, rate 48000, frame size 3072
vpar: no vout present, spawning one
vout: vout_Create creating DirectXEventThread
vout: DirectXCreateWindow
vout: DirectXCreateWindow background color:5
vout: Screen dimensions 1280x1024 colour depth 32
thread info: 676 (DirectX Events Thread) has been created (vout_directx.c:157)
vout: vout_Create DirectXEventThread running
vout: DirectXInitDDraw
vout: DirectDraw Capabilities:
       overlay=1 yuvoverlay=1 can_clip_overlay=0 colorkey=1 stretch=1
vout: End DirectXInitDDraw
vout: DirectXCreateDisplay
vout: DirectXCreateClipper
module: locking video output module `directx'
vout: NewPictureVec
thread info: 716 (video output) has been created (src/video_output/video_output.c:212)
vout: DirectX YUV overlay created successfully
vout: End NewPictureVec
vout info: got 1 direct buffer(s)
vout info: picture in 720x576, chroma 0x30323449 (I420), aspect ratio 16:9
vout info: picture out 720x576, chroma 0x32315659 (YV12), aspect ratio 16:9
vout info: direct render, mapping render pictures 0-6 to system pictures 1-7
vpar synchro warning: dts != current_pts (-674178)
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from B[1] to B[2]
vpar synchro warning: backward_pts != current_pts (-40000)
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[5] to P[3]
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[3] to P[2]
vpar synchro warning: dts != current_pts (-12744)
module: hiding unused plugin module `ipv4'
module: hiding unused plugin module `mpeg_ps'
module: hiding unused plugin module `spudec'
module: hiding unused plugin module `mpeg_es'
module: hiding unused plugin module `mpeg_audio'
module: hiding unused plugin module `lpcm_adec'
module: hiding unused plugin module `avi'
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[2] to P[3]
ac3dec warning: error during audioblock
aout info: fifo #0 destroyed
module: unlocking module `downmix3dn'
module: unlocking module `imdct3dn'
thread info: 508 has been joined ((unknown):0)
module: unlocking module `ac3_adec'
module: unlocking module `idctmmxext'
module: unlocking module `motionmmxext'
thread info: 496 has been joined ((unknown):0)
module: unlocking module `mpeg_vdec'
module: unlocking module `mpeg_ts'
input: closing network `udp/:@239.255.255.42:1234'
module: unlocking module `udp'
thread info: 464 has been joined ((unknown):0)
thread info: 644 has been joined ((unknown):0)
aout: waveOut aout_Close
module: unlocking module `waveout'
vout: DirectXCloseSurface
vout: vout_Destroy
vout: DirectXCloseDisplay
vout: DirectXCloseDisplay clipper
vout: DirectXCloseDisplay display
vout: DirectXCloseDDraw
vout: DirectXEventThread Terminating
vout: DirectXCloseWindow
thread info: 676 has been joined ((unknown):0)
module: unlocking module `directx'
module: hiding unused plugin module `udp'
module: hiding unused plugin module `mpeg_ts'
module: hiding unused plugin module `waveout'
module: hiding unused plugin module `directx'
config: opening config file D:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur\Application Data/videolan/vlcrc
config: config file D:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur\Application Data/videolan/vlcrc doesn't already exist
config: saving config for module <dummy>
config: saving config for module <directx>
config: saving config for module <mpeg_vdec>
config: saving config for module <ac3_adec>
config: saving config for module <main>
intf info: joining channel 1
channel: connecting to vthr:6010
module: locking network module `ipv4'
module: unlocking module `ipv4'
network: looking for MAC address
network: found MAC address 00:01:02:1E:9B:8B
network: MAC address is 00:01:02:1E:9B:8B
network: attempting to join channel 1
intf: creating new input thread
input: playlist item `udp://@239.255.255.42:1234'
thread info: 708 (input) has been created (src/input/input.c:197)
input: access `udp', demux `', name `@239.255.255.42:1234'
input: opening server=:0 local=239.255.255.42:1234
module: locking network module `ipv4'
module: unlocking module `ipv4'
module: locking access module `udp'
module: locking demux module `mpeg_ts'
input: packet lost by TS demux: current 0, packet 11
input: packet lost by TS demux: current 0, packet 11
ES 50 has unknown type
Selecting ES 80
input: selecting ES 0x80
module: locking decoder module `mpeg_vdec'
thread info: 800 (decoder) has been created (src/input/input_dec.c:85)
Selecting ES 81
input: selecting ES 0x81
module: locking decoder module `ac3_adec'
thread info: 660 (decoder) has been created (src/input/input_dec.c:85)
ES 87 has unknown type
input: packet lost by TS demux: current 0, packet 13
module: locking motion module `motionmmxext'
module: locking iDCT module `idctmmxext'
module: locking downmix module `downmix3dn'
module: locking iMDCT module `imdct3dn'
intf: stream has changed, refreshing interface
aout: no aout present, spawning one
aout: DirectX aout_Open
aout: Create direct sound primary buffer
aout: aout_Open creating DirectSoundThread
thread info: 1120 (DirectSound Notification Thread) has been created (aout_directx.c:187)
module: locking audio output module `directx'
aout: DirectX aout_SetFormat
aout: can't create direct sound secondary buffer
aout: DirectX aout_SetFormat cannot create buffer
aout: DirectX aout_Close
aout: DirectSoundThread ready
aout: DirectSoundThread exiting
thread info: 1120 has been joined ((unknown):0)
module: unlocking module `directx'
vpar: no vout present, spawning one
vout: vout_Create creating DirectXEventThread
vout: DirectXCreateWindow
vout: DirectXCreateWindow background color:5
vout: Screen dimensions 1280x1024 colour depth 32
thread info: 1108 (DirectX Events Thread) has been created (vout_directx.c:157)
module: hiding unused plugin module `ipv4'
module: hiding unused plugin module `spudec'
module: hiding unused plugin module `mpeg_ps'
module: hiding unused plugin module `mpeg_es'
module: hiding unused plugin module `mpeg_audio'
module: hiding unused plugin module `lpcm_adec'
module: hiding unused plugin module `avi'

Here are the messages I've got with the Windows interface and a config
file, after a restart of vlc (when I have no sound) :

[...]

config: loading config for module <dummy>
config: found <dummy> option dummy-chroma=(NULL)
config: loading config for module <directx>
config: found <directx> option no-directx-hw-yuv=0
config: found <directx> option directx-use-sysmem=0
config: loading config for module <mpeg_vdec>
config: found <mpeg_vdec> option mpeg-idct=(NULL)
config: found <mpeg_vdec> option mpeg-motion=(NULL)
config: found <mpeg_vdec> option vdec-smp=0
config: found <mpeg_vdec> option vpar-synchro=(NULL)
config: loading config for module <ac3_adec>
config: found <ac3_adec> option ac3-downmix=(NULL)
config: found <ac3_adec> option ac3-imdct=(NULL)
config: loading config for module <main>
config: found <main> option intf=(NULL)
config: found <main> option warning=0
config: found <main> option stats=0
config: found <main> option search-path=(NULL)
config: found <main> option aout=directx
config: found <main> option noaudio=0
config: found <main> option mono=0
config: found <main> option volume=256
config: found <main> option rate=-1
config: found <main> option desync=0
config: found <main> option audio-format=0
config: found <main> option vout=(NULL)
config: found <main> option novideo=0
config: found <main> option width=-1
config: found <main> option height=-1
config: found <main> option zoom=1.000000
config: found <main> option grayscale=0
config: found <main> option fullscreen=0
config: found <main> option nooverlay=0
config: found <main> option spumargin=-1
config: found <main> option filter=(NULL)
config: found <main> option server-port=1234
config: found <main> option network-channel=1
config: found <main> option channel-server=vthr
config: found <main> option channel-port=6010
config: found <main> option iface=eth0
config: found <main> option program=0
config: found <main> option audio-type=-1
config: found <main> option audio-channel=-1
config: found <main> option spu-channel=-1
config: found <main> option dvd=D
config: found <main> option vcd=D
config: found <main> option ipv6=0
config: found <main> option ipv4=0
config: found <main> option mpeg-adec=(NULL)
config: found <main> option ac3-adec=(NULL)
config: found <main> option nommx=0
config: found <main> option no3dn=0
config: found <main> option nommxext=0
config: found <main> option nosse=0
config: found <main> option noaltivec=0
config: found <main> option launch-playlist=0
config: found <main> option enqueue-playlist=0
config: found <main> option loop-playlist=0
config: found <main> option memcpy=(NULL)
config: found <main> option access=(NULL)
config: found <main> option demux=(NULL)
config: found <main> option fast_pthread=0
intf: playlist initialized
intf: added `udp://@239.255.255.42:1234' to playlist
intf: creating new input thread
input: playlist item `udp://@239.255.255.42:1234'
thread info: 456 (input) has been created (src/input/input.c:197)
input: access `udp', demux `', name `@239.255.255.42:1234'
input: opening server=:0 local=239.255.255.42:1234
module: locking network module `ipv4'
module: unlocking module `ipv4'
module: locking access module `udp'
module: locking demux module `mpeg_ts'
intf: stream has changed, refreshing interface
input: packet lost by TS demux: current 0, packet 11
input: packet lost by TS demux: current 0, packet 11
ES 50 has unknown type
Selecting ES 80
input: selecting ES 0x80
module: locking decoder module `mpeg_vdec'
thread info: 488 (decoder) has been created (src/input/input_dec.c:85)
Selecting ES 81
input: selecting ES 0x81
module: locking decoder module `ac3_adec'
thread info: 500 (decoder) has been created (src/input/input_dec.c:85)
ES 87 has unknown type
module: locking motion module `motionmmxext'
module: locking iDCT module `idctmmxext'
module: locking downmix module `downmix3dn'
module: locking iMDCT module `imdct3dn'
input: packet lost by TS demux: current 0, packet 11
input: packet lost by TS demux: current 0, packet 12
aout: no aout present, spawning one
aout: DirectX aout_Open
intf: stream has changed, refreshing interface
aout: Create direct sound primary buffer
aout: aout_Open creating DirectSoundThread
thread info: 944 (DirectSound Notification Thread) has been created (aout_directx.c:187)
module: locking audio output module `directx'
aout: DirectX aout_SetFormat
aout: can't create direct sound secondary buffer
aout: DirectX aout_SetFormat cannot create buffer
aout: DirectX aout_Close
aout: DirectSoundThread ready
aout: DirectSoundThread exiting
thread info: 944 has been joined ((unknown):0)
module: unlocking module `directx'
vpar: no vout present, spawning one
vout: vout_Create creating DirectXEventThread
vout: DirectXCreateWindow
vout: DirectXCreateWindow background color:5
vout: Screen dimensions 1280x1024 colour depth 32
thread info: 932 (DirectX Events Thread) has been created (vout_directx.c:157)
vout: vout_Create DirectXEventThread running
vout: DirectXInitDDraw
vout: DirectDraw Capabilities:
       overlay=1 yuvoverlay=1 can_clip_overlay=0 colorkey=1 stretch=1
vout: End DirectXInitDDraw
vout: DirectXCreateDisplay
vout: DirectXCreateClipper
module: locking video output module `directx'
vout: NewPictureVec
thread info: 864 (video output) has been created (src/video_output/video_output.c:212)
vout: DirectX YUV overlay created successfully
vout: End NewPictureVec
vout info: got 1 direct buffer(s)
vout info: picture in 720x576, chroma 0x30323449 (I420), aspect ratio 16:9
vout info: picture out 720x576, chroma 0x32315659 (YV12), aspect ratio 16:9
vout info: direct render, mapping render pictures 0-6 to system pictures 1-7
vpar synchro warning: dts != current_pts (-827826)
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from B[1] to B[2]
vpar synchro warning: backward_pts != current_pts (-40000)
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[5] to P[3]
vpar synchro warning: dts != current_pts (48455)
vpar synchro warning: dts != current_pts (12089)
module: hiding unused plugin module `mpeg_ps'
module: hiding unused plugin module `spudec'
module: hiding unused plugin module `mpeg_es'
module: hiding unused plugin module `mpeg_audio'
module: hiding unused plugin module `ipv4'
module: hiding unused plugin module `lpcm_adec'
module: hiding unused plugin module `avi'
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[3] to P[1]
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[1] to P[3]
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[3] to P[5]
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[5] to P[3]

--
Alexis