Cannot open mpeg

Fredrik Cerha fredrik.cerha at telia.com
Thu May 23 08:04:50 CEST 2002

02-05-23 00.04, skrev Christophe Massiot på massiot at via.ecp.fr följande:

> À (At) 10:27 +0200 22/05/2002, Fredrik Cerha écrivait (wrote) :
>
>> I downloaded the dmg file from the website and copied it to my OSX partition
>> and restarted from there.then I clicked the file and I saw an icon appearing
>> on the desktop.I opened it, and everything looked as though the program was
>> already installed.
>>
>> Well...ehh...was it?
>
> No it wasn't, it's a disk image, you have to copy the application
> where you want to put it.

Please forgive my poor knowledge.I am used the sort of installers that
require Stuffit for expanding and which will show progress bars and give you
messages etc.

Q:Shall I just drag the whole image inside any folder...will it be installed
then?
Ithink it is confusing that I could browse the folders, open documents and
poen windows in the app if it was not installed.......

>> if I click the VLC icon awindow o pens which is called VideoLan Client
>> 3.0(Cocoa)
>> There are a few buttons for play stop etc.Itried to open mpegs from the file
>> menu,but nothing happened,except that sometimes the horizontal slider jumped
>> to the end position.I was not even able to open movies that was recognized
>> by quicktime (guess why I got Videolan)
>>
>> I dont even see a movie window at all.What am I doing wrong?
>
> Apparently you're using an old version. 0.3.1 is better, and 0.4.0
> will be great, and will be released in a few hours.

OK ,then I´ll wait for  its release.Do I have to know a bit of programming
to make things work?(no sarcasm intended)
I read a document where I was told to type certain commands....somehow I
came to a box where it said "welcome to Darwin"I tried typing whatever was
recommended,but I could not make any valid commands.

I would not mind learning some programming......

> Please bear with
> us.

No problem!Thank´s for answering the previous post and for developing
interesting freeware.

Fredrik