vlc 0.4.0 sound arrives late

David Legg David.Legg at legg.uklinux.net
Tue May 28 20:37:59 CEST 2002

I will stick with v0.3.1 for th time being.

I tried increasing the priority of the esd daemon,
but it doesn't make the sound arrive any sooner.

I also, installed a later version of the esd daemon,

which helped, but sound still arrives something like 0.3s late.

What would be best would be if somebody made the OSS/dsp plugin work.
When I try it, it make a noise like an orchesta tuning up!

Regards,
David Legg