[vlc] Win32 build in Cygwin/MingW environment

Joe Kraft hishadow at netcabo.pt
Fri Nov 8 09:22:49 CET 2002

Has anyone successfully compiled VLC in a Cygwin/MingW environment?  I think
I'm not feeding the correct options to the configure script, or I'm missing
a manual change I have to make in the makefile.opts file after running the
script.

I'm currently trying to compile the vlc 0.4.4 code, do I need to get a more
recent version? I noticed on vlc-devel] a change was checked in yeaterday
with the note, "compilation fix for Cygwin".  Will this whole process be
easier if I use the most recent code?

The following is the command line I used for the configure script:
./configure --host=mingw32 --disable-nls --disable-optimizations --enable-de
bug --disable-dvd

The configure script seems to be ignoring my compiler switches and picking
up cygwin headers instead of mingw headers.  The first one it hits is the
getopt.h header which cygwin has, but mingw doesn't.

Joe Kraft