[vlc] Re: Only Sound, no Video Output

Alexis Guerin alexis.guerin at isep.fr
Thu Nov 21 14:32:54 CET 2002

I was indeed running vlc as root.
I tried to run it as a user and I got exactly the same messages with the three
additionnal following lines:

"aout error: can't open audio device (/dev/dsp)
aout error: no suitable aout module
aout error: failed to create aout fifo"

I changed the permission of /dev/dsp and the audio is working again but I
still have my video problem.

Thanks for your help,

Alexis