[vlc] [Fwd] Using VideoLan

System administration admin at via.ecp.fr
Sun Nov 24 17:05:42 CET 2002

----- Forwarded message -----

From: Alex tay <alextaysl at yahoo.com>
To: videolan at videolan.org

Hi, I am writing to ask for help in using VideoLan.

I downloaded VLC for Windows 2000 to playback DVDs
from my Thinkpad T20. Unfortunately, I could only hear
the audio of the DVDs but not the video. I installed
Microsoft's DirectX 8.1b on my system. I also noticed
there was a momentary video output that disappeared
from my view within less than 0.5 second.

Did I miss something during the installation or did I
not install some pre-requisite component?

Thanks for your advice.