[vlc] Re: Why not OS 9?

Jared ''Danger'' Earle jared at 23x.net
Sat Nov 23 15:20:06 CET 2002

On Saturday, Nov 23, 2002, at 02:31 Europe/Paris, David Hogg wrote:
> Why aren't you making a version of VLC for OS 9? Couldn't you at least
> make it carbonised (ie. for both 9 and OSX)? I mean come on - you've
> made version of vlc for practically every other operating system on
> this planet, except OS 9 - which itself is the most widely used
> operating system on the mac.

Since Steve Jobs told Developers OS9 is dead to them, I'd be very
surprised if anyone actually bothered porting VLC. In the mean time, if
you want to watch DivX on OS9, then head over to versiontracker and go
get the OS9 QuickTime DivX plugin.

As an OSX user since Public Beta, I'd recommend you make the switch
anyway. Unless you're using Quark (and seeing as InDesign pisses all
over it, that's no excuse) or some highly proprietary software, there's
no reason not to upgrade.

--
      Jared Earle, Nightfall Games, jared at 23x.net - http://www.23x.net
    "Just because the SPORK's got a library card doesn't make him Yoda."