[vlc] AW: Re: Speed on IPAQ 3870 with UDP-Stream over WLAN

Bernd Muller-Rathgeber ba at bm-r.de
Fri Nov 29 16:39:01 CET 2002

>> I used vlc with vls over an WLAN.
>> I tried with 500kbits MPEG1 Videos with 90kbits 44,1 kHz Sound. The Sound
is
>> ok, but the Video is "bucking" intolerable.
>> I used 11Mbits Cards in Ad-Hoc Mode, so the Network-Connection is, imho,
not
>> the bracking Part.
>> Have anybody practicel experience which bitrate the IPAQ can handle?

>I have encoded an MPEG-1 that runs fluently on an IPAQ, to demo IPv6
>streaming with VideoLAN.
>
>Network bandwith isn't the bottleneck, you should use the appropriate
>resolution to have it running smoothly. I used flaskmpeg with the bbmpeg
>  codec to generate a MPEG-1 at 224x176 PAL 25 fps CBR 1 mbit/s.
>
>Roland
Thats nearly the same I want to do. I will demonstrate streaming with AODV
Routing.
I use tmpgenc. I will try with this configuration. The other config-options
I use the same like standard VCD.
Here a little bit of-topic, but maybe you can help me. I have the Problem
with my tmpgenc Stream that vlS has a "read error..." at the end and so
looping doesn?t work. Did you have the same Problems and know a Solution?
Or doesn?t appear this Problem with flaskmpeg??

Thanks
Bernd