[vlc] Re: AW: Re: Speed on IPAQ 3870 with UDP-Stream over WLAN

Roland Staring Roland.Staring at surfnet.nl
Fri Nov 29 17:15:43 CET 2002

Bernd,

> Thats nearly the same I want to do. I will demonstrate streaming with AODV
> Routing.
> I use tmpgenc. I will try with this configuration. The other config-options
> I use the same like standard VCD.
> Here a little bit of-topic, but maybe you can help me. I have the Problem
> with my tmpgenc Stream that vlS has a "read error..." at the end and so
> looping doesn?t work. Did you have the same Problems and know a Solution?
> Or doesn?t appear this Problem with flaskmpeg??

I also tried TMPGenc and VCD format. The VCD format is however 352x288
and this is to big for IPAQ. It will play, but the image freezes now and
then and you get low framerates.

The problem with looping sounds familiar. I do not know what causes
this, I only have this with streaming MEPG-1 never with streaming MPEG-2.

In the end I decided to combine a few short movies to make a longer
movie, not knowing how to solve the looping problem. I ended up using a
trial version of the Honestech Mpeg-1 editor 3.0 to merge the movies:
http://www.tucows.com/mmedia/preview/221266.html

Much to my surprise the looping also worked for this movie. Do not ask
me why ;)

Roland