[vlc] Re: various win32 package/compile bugs...

Olivier Teulière ipkiss at via.ecp.fr
Sun Oct 6 15:06:06 CEST 2002

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002, Erik Sinsel wrote:
> Downloaded basic win32 executables, and play seems fine but
> preferences menu gives access violation error in intfwin.so I believe
> it was (I can't check now as you will see why soon).

Does it happen every time you try to open the preferences dialog box ?
Does the box open anyway ?
BTW, what is your windows version ?

> I downloaded libdvdcss and gtkwin32 and direct7 headers and installed
> the last two to /usr/local as directed.

If you wanted to debug the win32 interface, you'll have to build it too,
using Borland's command-line tools.

> I atttempted to compile and went almost smoothly. Make resulted in
> terminal error in the gvlc section, regarding 'cp'. Tried to run vlc
> and resulted in dummy interface by default.

Indeed, if the compilation didn't fully succeed there is no surprise
that odd things happen...