[vlc] VideoLAN as default player under W2000

Fabien ILLIDE fillide.cambrai at nordnet.fr
Tue Oct 8 11:56:00 CEST 2002

Hi !

And many thanks for VideoLAN !

Well, I've got a question about VLC and W2000 (sorry ;)

We plan to use VLC as default player under W2000 for many stations.

Unfortunaly I've got a problem, even when I tell Windows to Always use VLC
for play .mpg or .divx.

The problem is I get the VLC icon for these files types, but when clicking
on a file, VLC doesn't start at all.

If I launch VLC first, then I open the file, no problem.

Any idea to make it more "transparent" and more easy for computing beginner ?

It could be great if VLC could be launched instead of WMP (which sucks) as
someone lauch a .divx file for example.

Sorry if it has already been asked, I didn't find it.

Thanks,
Fabien