[vlc] Re: VideoLAN as default player under W2000

Fabien ILLIDE fillide.cambrai at nordnet.fr
Thu Oct 10 21:19:53 CEST 2002

Olivier Teulière a écrit:
> On Tue, Oct 08, 2002, I wrote:
>
>>@echo off
>>cd "C:\your\path"
>>vlc "%1"
>

> With 'start vlc "%1"' instead of 'vlc "%1"', the dos dialog box
> disappears immediatly.
>
> Hope this helps,

Thanks.

I've try to include the VLC path to Path sys variable.
Not working

I've try your solution with the .bat
Doesn't work too.

I see quickly appear a DOS box, but nothing is launched.

When you say >>cd "C:\your\path"  is it the path for VideoLan ?

I think so, cause you say that it was a plugin problem.

Here what I've done :
@echo off
cd "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VideoLAN Client\"
vlc.exe "%1"

(or 'start vlc', it's the same)

Well, I just try another thing :
Launch directly the .bat
This make VLC open.  (so the path is good)

But if I launch the .bat by a file association, It (w2000) say (in french,
so my translation may not be exactly the same as on EN-US Windows2000) :
"The file 'vlc.exe' (or one of is components) can't be found. Check the
path and name are good, and all other required librairies are available"

Strange that it launch VLC but not the file.

Have you test the .bat on a W2000 ? Or other windows ?

Well, another test :
By typing in a console :
vlc.bat Z:\MyPathToTheFiles\File.mpeg
it works...