[vlc] Re: vlc feedback. It rocks!

Ian Robert Douglas ian at powerfoundation.org
Sat Oct 12 17:48:57 CEST 2002

On Friday, October 11, 2002, at 11:59  PM, DJ RawheaD wrote:

> Before doing that, Ian might try this.
>
> Go to System Preferences. Create a new user in Users. Log out, log
> back in as that user. Try VLC.
>
> If it works, there's something conflicting in the preferences.

DJ RawheaD,

Thanks for the suggestion.  By the way, I'm using the VLC Client 0.4.4.

Under the new user it doesn't crash, but it doesn't do anything either.
  Now, again, should I assign a region to my player first (i.e., watch a
DVD conventionally)?

I do appreciate that people are working on this voluntarily; I do
appreciate that.  But I'd really plead with those people to write a
manual for use that makes sense, and makes doing what people want
easier.  I don't expect a lesson in Unix, but right now there is a
total lack of good solid information; which is why I subscribed and
asked here.

For instance, i don't even know for sure if even in theory this program
can do what i want of it (to play DVD's in a region-free way).

I don't even know if its OS 10.2.1 compatible!

It sees my DVD, but it does nothing when you try to play.

Maybe I'm just missing something ... which is why I'd like a simple
walk through, if anyone is prepared to bullet point it .,..

I guess there must be others with my problem too, right?

all best wishes to all,
ian

p.s., I didn't try it with another DVD, but I will and will get back to
the list pronto.