[vlc] Re: vlc feedback. It rocks!

DJ RawheaD rawhead at mac.com
Sat Oct 12 19:29:03 CEST 2002

On 2002.Oct.12, at 11:48  AM, Ian Robert Douglas wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion.  By the way, I'm using the VLC Client 0.4.4.
>
> Under the new user it doesn't crash, but it doesn't do anything
> either.  Now, again, should I assign a region to my player first
> (i.e., watch a DVD conventionally)?

No, you shouldn't have to worry about any of that. Throw the DVD in,
start VLC, do [File]->[Open Disk], make sure Type is [DVD] and usually
just click OK (sometimes, you may have to select the correct drive in
the pull down menu). Does the [Open Disk] window pop open?? what does
it say??

> For instance, i don't even know for sure if even in theory this
> program can do what i want of it (to play DVD's in a region-free way).
>
> I don't even know if its OS 10.2.1 compatible!

Yes, and yes. I guess the next thing you should try to do is try
another DVD to make sure it's not a problem with that particular movie.