[vlc] Re: iPAQ

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at wxs.nl
Tue Oct 15 21:28:04 CEST 2002

Rohit Kapoor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an iPAQ running Familiar Linux with Opie (a GUI). I downloaded
> VLC_0.4.4_arm.ipk and installed it on the iPAQ.
Also download the sdl_1.2.4_arm.ipk from the same location for use on
familiar v0.5.3. Of course install it on the iPaq.

For Familiar v0.6rc1 you can also use the libsdl package from the
distribution.

> Nothing happens when I run
> VLC. No interface for VLC shows on the iPAQ. Can somebody help me with this?
This is perfect behaviour ;-) because vlc_0.4.4_arm.ipk does not have an
GUI interface only the rc one.

You'll have to wait untill the vlc_0.4.5_arm.ipk is available for using
the Familiar GTK GUI under GPE.

> Is this due to Opie?
No. A opie GUI will probably be available in the next vlc release.

> Thanks,
> Rohit

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman.