[vlc] Re: is it ok to include your program, donate graphics?

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Wed Oct 16 15:23:59 CEST 2002

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002, Bill Eldridge wrote:

> I believe simply making the source code available,
> such as a publically available Web or ftp site,
> is sufficient, instead of requiring it on the same media.

   The FSF does not believe that a Web or FTP site is enough to comply
with section 3 of the GPL. When doing the written offer, one has to
study the possibility of someone without Internet access. Of course
complying with 3.b is enough, but we prefer to suggest 3.a, especially
when the media is large enough that a few additional megabytes do not
matter; people not familiar with the GPL will be happy to get rid of
anything legally binding as soon as possible.

--
Sam.