[vlc] Re: vlc 044 and 045 crashes in Win2k

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed Oct 16 16:46:06 CEST 2002

On Wednesday 16 October 2002 14:13, Andre Cretegny wrote:
> vlc 041: effectively, says VLC DirectX (using hardware
> overlay) in title bar.
>
> Attached, the output from DXCapsViewer.

Ok thanks for this.

I just uploaded a win32 build that reverts one of the changes that was done
after vlc-0.4.1. More precisely the directx plugin was slightly changed to
be compatible with directx versions starting from DirectX3 (so it could run
on NT4). Maybe this is what your graphics card drivers don't like.

Could you please test this and report on the results:
http://www.videolan.org/pub/testing/vlc-20021016-win32.zip

Thanks,

--
Gildas