[vlc] Re: vlc 044 and 045 crashes in Win2k

Andre Cretegny acretegny at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 16 23:04:05 CEST 2002

--- Gildas Bazin <gbazin at netcourrier.com> wrote:

> I just uploaded a win32 build that reverts one of
> the changes that was done
> after vlc-0.4.1. More precisely the directx plugin
> was slightly changed to
> be compatible with directx versions starting from
> DirectX3 (so it could run
> on NT4). Maybe this is what your graphics card
> drivers don't like.
>
> Could you please test this and report on the
> results:

http://www.videolan.org/pub/testing/vlc-20021016-win32.zip

RESULT: same as before, still crashes if I set
overlay=yes - works "poor" with overlay disabled.
Definetely around the directx behviour of my system.
Do you know any other config (working) using an ATI
128 card ?

Thanks for the effort... strange problem,though...