[vlc] Re: vlc 044 and 045 crashes in Win2k

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Thu Oct 17 14:27:47 CEST 2002

On Wednesday 16 October 2002 23:04, Andre Cretegny wrote:
> --- Gildas Bazin <gbazin at netcourrier.com> wrote:
> >
> > Could you please test this and report on the
> > results:
> >
> http://www.videolan.org/pub/testing/vlc-20021016-win32.zip
>

> RESULT: same as before, still crashes if I set
> overlay=yes - works "poor" with overlay disabled.
> Definetely around the directx behviour of my system.
> Do you know any other config (working) using an ATI
> 128 card ?
>
> Thanks for the effort... strange problem,though...

Hey, don't run away, I'm not finised with you ;-)

Actually I'm quite glad that the above snapshot doesn't work otherwise we
would have had to work around a buggy driver, which is not a nice solution.

I uploaded two directx plugins for you to test:
http://www.videolan.org/pub/testing/directx-1-20021017.zip
http://www.videolan.org/pub/testing/directx-2-20021017.zip

To try them, you need to extract them in the plugins directory of vlc-0.4.5
and overwrite the existing one.

The first version of the plugin is the exact version that was used with
vlc-0.4.1 so it should work (this is just to make sure).

The second version is the plugin shipped with 0.4.5 minus another change I
reverted.

Could you report your results please ?

--
Gildas