[vlc] Re: video problems

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Mon Oct 21 22:08:25 CEST 2002

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 10:26:38AM -0700, Jason Guyer wrote:
> I am using an AMD Athlon 1.4 GHz with a GeForce 3 Ti video card running an untweaked version of Red Hat 7.3.  I recently installed vlc on there and when I go and run any DVD the video playback is choppy.  Keeping in mind that I am a newbie, how do I get smoother playback?
This is allmost certainly due to the fact that redhat ( at least 7.3 maybe
others) disables dma for cdrom and dvd drives. There is instructions on how
to turn it back on somewhere on redhats sites, but I don't remember where.
Since this is becoming a very common question maybe someone should add it to
the faq?

Sigmund