[vlc] Vlc Problems on M$

DEFFONTAINES Vincent Vincent.DEFFONTAINES at coe.int
Tue Oct 22 15:20:34 CEST 2002

Hi,

I have successfully installed and configured vls and vlc debian packages,
they do work fine and do what I intend :-)

Though, I couldn't get to use the vlc client (v0.4.5) either on windoze nt4
or on windoze xp.
On XP it just crashes when trying to open a network stream.
On NT,
 * it says "Access violation at address 01041B56 in module 'intfwin.so'.
Write of address 63616672" when I try to Save [Video] Preferences after
changing them.
 * I cant open a multicast stream. All it opens is a black window for a very
short period of time, and close it straight away. I did not try unicast
streams or anything else than multicast.

Did anyone else notice those? Is there any workaround or anything you would
know I could do?

Thanks,

 .''`.    Vincent Deffontaines
: :'  :   Debian GNU/Linux user