[vlc] Re: Vlc Problems on M$

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Tue Oct 22 15:27:35 CEST 2002

On Tuesday 22 October 2002 15:20, DEFFONTAINES Vincent wrote:
> I have successfully installed and configured vls and vlc debian packages,
> they do work fine and do what I intend :-)
>
> Though, I couldn't get to use the vlc client (v0.4.5) either on windoze
nt4
> or on windoze xp.
> On XP it just crashes when trying to open a network stream.
> On NT,
>  * it says "Access violation at address 01041B56 in module 'intfwin.so'.
> Write of address 63616672" when I try to Save [Video] Preferences after
> changing them.

Hi,

Could you try to play an mpeg file from your harddrive or a dvd and see if
vlc does work correctly in this case ?

If it does, then you might want to try the full vlc-0.4.5 zip file which is
available on the download page and run vlc with the GTK interface (from a
dos command box: vlc -I gtk)

Hope this helps,

--
Gildas