[vlc] Re: vlc 0.5

Tristan Leteurtre tristan.leteurtre at videolan.org
Fri Oct 25 17:08:32 CEST 2002

Hello Luca,

I answer in english since this is an english-speaking mailing-list.

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002, Luca Pillonel wrote:
> Etant donné la disposition de l'historique des
> modifications de vlc 0.5, je me demandais quelle
> serait la date de disponibilité pour les gens.

Some people are talking about the end of the year...

> Je me demandais si il est possible d'avoir une version béta.

There is a beta version for every second : the CVS :)
You can download daily snapshots on
(http://www.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/snapshots/), or use the CVS
(http://www.videolan.org/cvs.html) and then compile it.

However, compiling vlc under Windows and MacOSX is *extremely* complex,
even impossible if you are not experimented with cross-compilation...

Regards,

--
Tristan