[vlc] Re: VLC 0.2.90

Eric Petit titer at videolan.org
Sat Oct 26 05:17:21 CEST 2002

On Sat, Oct 26, 2002, Robert O'Donovan wrote:
> I am using VLC 0.2.90 from Linux Format of December 2001 with SUSE
> 8.0. I need to know how do I get a full screen image when the movie is
> in wide screen. My resolution is 1024 by 768.

You should definitly upgrade to the latest VLC release (0.4.5). Use 'F'
to switch to basic full screen, and make use of the "crop" filter if you
want the wide screen picture to be cut so it fills your 4/3 monitor.

--
    ()      Eric Petit <titer at videolan.org>
 __(  )__   Developer of VideoLAN - www.videolan.org
| ( `´ ) |  The video streaming solution for Linux, Windows, MacOSX...
|  `--´  |       " Life is a cone "  ;))
 ````````