VideoLAN Client v0.4.4 freezes when playing DVDs

Phillip Pi philpi at apu.edu
Mon Sep 2 11:57:08 CEST 2002

vlc --intf dummy dvd:/dev/dvd -vvvv and vlc dvd:/dev/dvd worked, but I
still have frozen player issue if I just use vlc command and use its GUI.
Why? Another clue: When using the above command with debugging during
normal playback, turning subtitles freezes the player. The debug log said:

vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[3] to P[4]
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[4] to P[3]
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[3] to P[2]
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[2] to P[4]
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[4] to P[1]
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[1] to P[3]
input: selecting ES 0x21bd
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[3] to P[2]

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"Everyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant." --Motto of FTL
                                     Foundation (in Isaac Asimov book)