Problem in windows XP

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Sun Sep 1 11:09:27 CEST 2002

On Saturday 31 August 2002 19:25, Yiping Lin wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I installed vlc-0.4.4-win32 in windows xp home edition. Installation went
fine. When I started the software to read DVD drive (mine is DVD/CD-RW
combo drive) by clicking "play", a window appearred and disappearred
immediately. Why is that? Can someone help me?

I suspect a problem with your setup here. I'd like to have more information
on your configuration, would it be possible to run the "Directx Caps
Viewer" and send me the information concerning the DirectDraw Devices ?
(dxcapsviewer allows you to print to a file)
The dxcapsviewer utility is included in the DirectX SDKs or alternatively
you can download it from here:
http://downloads.earlsoft.co.uk/files/Development/DXF/DXSDK/bin/DXUtils/DXCapsViewer.exe

Could you also make me a log with vlc? From the command line: "vlc
--intf=logger dvd:" This will give you a vlc.log file that you can send us.

Even though I haven't seen yet the Directx Caps log, I really suspect a
problem with your setup so you might want to reinstall your graphics card
drivers and DirectX (latest version) and see if it changes anything.

--
Gildas