SVCDs ??

Michael Flohr flohr at itp.uni-hannover.de
Mon Sep 2 17:20:50 CEST 2002

Dear Christophe,

unfortunately, vlc cannot play any of my SVCDs. By statistics,
I assume that they are not all defective. mplayer has some
extensive verbosity levels. It does not report anything about
defective or bad media, as it otherwise does when it encounters
them (I have some mpes and other files which I use as a
test suite for mplayer, vlc, etc., some of them badly broken).
My problem is that it possibly is just me doing it wrong. I don't
know how I am assumed to play SVCDs with vlc. I assumed
that I should play them in the same way as VCDs, i.e. in the
gui, I simply click on 'open disk' and then select VCD. Perhaps,
this is the wrong way to do it? I have not found anything in
the documentation about SVCDs.

Sorry for the trouble
Michael