The DJ d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Tue Sep 3 12:03:11 CEST 2002

on 02-09-2002 23:47, Florian G. Pflug at fgp at phlo.org wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 01:49:43PM +0200, Bill Eldridge wrote:
>> I just don't understand why you guys can't do a mailing list
>> like everybody else does it, which means none of your subscribers
>> has to lift a finger (and yes, the first time I mentioned
>> this, the answer I got back was, "Use Procmail"). Of course
>> if I want to filter the Subject line on "[VLC]" I can do
>> that as well.  If I want. Or use Ctrl-Shift-F and search
>> VLC in Subject. If I want.
>
> I let procmal sort my mail into different folders - one per list. So I don't
> understand why every mail should have [vlc], oder [whatever list it is] in
> it's subject - sounds like waste of space for me.

Well, guess what, you are not the only person in the world. I'm subscribed
to 15 lists and the videolan lists are the only ones that don't have
prefixes. Now I filter on X-list, so to me it doesn't matter, but I do
understand why many people want it.
If "a tag takes up space in the subject" is your only argument against
prefixing, then I think you should reconsider.

> But that's beside the point anyway. If you either have too much pride, or
> are too stupid to adapt to the way things are done on this list, then
> PLEASE SHUT UP!.

Jeesh. Relax dude. Life is beautiful and all that shit.
"I admin this. My style is the one to adopt." I'm a service provider and if
I would run my business according to that principle then I wouldn't have a
business.

> If I want to read stupid trolls, or religious flamewars about
> mailinglist subjects/text editors/linux vs. freebsd/<fill in your prefered
> flameware topic here>, I visit www.slashdot.org.

And you can stick your arrogant attitude up your *$&.

> greetings, Florian Pflug
Goodbye Florian.

DJ
Universiteit Twente