Florian G. Pflug fgp at phlo.org
Mon Sep 2 23:47:31 CEST 2002

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 01:49:43PM +0200, Bill Eldridge wrote:
> I just don't understand why you guys can't do a mailing list
> like everybody else does it, which means none of your subscribers
> has to lift a finger (and yes, the first time I mentioned
> this, the answer I got back was, "Use Procmail"). Of course
> if I want to filter the Subject line on "[VLC]" I can do
> that as well.  If I want. Or use Ctrl-Shift-F and search
> VLC in Subject. If I want.

I let procmal sort my mail into different folders - one per list. So I don't
understand why every mail should have [vlc], oder [whatever list it is] in
it's subject - sounds like waste of space for me.

But that's beside the point anyway. If you either have too much pride, or
are too stupid to adapt to the way things are done on this list, then
PLEASE SHUT UP!.

If I want to read stupid trolls, or religious flamewars about
mailinglist subjects/text editors/linux vs. freebsd/<fill in your prefered
flameware topic here>, I visit www.slashdot.org.

greetings, Florian Pflug