Can not view a streamed DVD

"Stormacq, Sébastien" S.Stormacq at aubay-si.lu
Fri Sep 6 17:16:28 CEST 2002

Hello,

First of all : congratulation for the work performed so far : its'
impressive !

I setup VLS and VLC on a Linux PC. I also setup VLC on a Mac OS X
machine.
I want to stream a DVD content from Linux to the Mac on my LAN but it
does not work.
The server does not complain about anything.  VLC opens up a wide black
window but nothing is displayed inside : no video, no sound.

The streaming server seems OK (I can stream the presentation_test.vob
mp2 sfile you provide and view it with VLC)
The VLC client on the Linux machine can read the DVD directly (through
/dev/dvd)
VLS does not complain about anything but VLC keeps issuing warning
messages :

vpar synchro warning : dts != current_pts (-13241324)
vpar synchro warning : trashing | (-5645646)
(figures are not exact)

I have the same VLC behavior when streaming for both Mac OS X and Linux

Any help ?

Thanks

--
Sébastien Stormacq