please help: INPUT_MAX_ALLOCATION reached!!!

The DJ d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Tue Sep 10 15:27:15 CEST 2002

on 10-09-2002 15:11, Laurent Aimar at fenrir at via.ecp.fr wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 10, 2002, Jochen Steinbicker wrote:
>> THE PROBLEM: trying to play a particular .avi file with divx5 content (no
>> audio!) makes vlc 0.4.4 on MacOSX (PB G3-400) crash; massage is:
>> "INPUT_MAX_ALLOCATION reached"
>
>> - it is not a problem with processor load; there are movies with higher
>> compression which vlc plays neatly
>> - it is not related to b-frames
>
> Hi, It would be hard to help you. If you succed in compiling vlc for
> MacOSX it would be easier( I can send you some patch to see where is the
> problem ...)
>
> I 'm still thinking that it could a problem with you processor load.
> I've you try to play it on a more powerfull computer ? ( I don't know
> why, but I v'e already seen some divx5 encoded movies that eat a lot of
> processor. Could you try to encode this movie with the same parameters
> with XviD or ffmpeg ? )

I've seen it too, even on low quality divx.

> Does it segfault after only a few seconds ? If so, you could upload a
> part of this movie, I will have a look at it.

Another problem I encounter is that after an hour my sound starts to get
"dirty". Cracks and all. It gradually increase from non existent in the
beginning to very much annoying after an hour and a half or so in the movie.

It looks to me like some memory leak or an offset problem or so. Since I
haven't heard anyone else about this, I think it is a MacOSX issue as far as
I can determine I have it will all sound files. But most definetly with mp3.

DJ
Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan 'The DJ' Hartman
ICQnr: 10111559