please help: INPUT_MAX_ALLOCATION reached!!!

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Tue Sep 10 15:11:43 CEST 2002

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002, Jochen Steinbicker wrote:
> THE PROBLEM: trying to play a particular .avi file with divx5 content (no
> audio!) makes vlc 0.4.4 on MacOSX (PB G3-400) crash; massage is:
> "INPUT_MAX_ALLOCATION reached"

> - it is not a problem with processor load; there are movies with higher
> compression which vlc plays neatly
> - it is not related to b-frames

 Hi, It would be hard to help you. If you succed in compiling vlc for
MacOSX it would be easier( I can send you some patch to see where is the
problem ...)

 I 'm still thinking that it could a problem with you processor load.
I've you try to play it on a more powerfull computer ? ( I don't know
why, but I v'e already seen some divx5 encoded movies that eat a lot of
processor. Could you try to encode this movie with the same parameters
with XviD or ffmpeg ? )

 Does it segfault after only a few seconds ? If so, you could upload a
part of this movie, I will have a look at it.

--
fenrir