please help: INPUT_MAX_ALLOCATION reached!!!

Jochen Steinbicker j.steinbicker at rz.hu-berlin.de
Tue Sep 10 18:53:03 CEST 2002

hi fenrir

thanx for your reply. basically, it was the frame-skipping part which i missed.

i've tested it with slowslowslow, and sure, it does not crash.
so it's cpu - which is bad news since after all i have tried, there seems
to be a threshold of about 800-1000 kbps with divx5 for the PB G3-400.
as i've played movies with higher bitrate, but using divx4 or divx3, one
last question: is this divx-5 specific or will it happen with most codecs?
if anyone knows, this would spare me a great many screaming and yelling ...

thanks again to fenrir
js