please help: INPUT_MAX_ALLOCATION reached!!!

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Tue Sep 10 18:05:45 CEST 2002

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002, Jochen Steinbicker wrote:
> divx5 does eat a lot of processor, but the one that makes it crash still
> leaves some % of processer free; and besides, it should just skip frames if
> there is too much to decode, right? but what it does is it fills up its
> buffer until its filled and crashes ... (if it helps, i can post the
> crash.log)

 'Frames skipping' works only for mpeg1/2. The ffmpeg plugin( the one
used here ) decodes all frames even if there isn't enougth time to do
it( and so decodes too late pictures that won't be displayed ). It's
only in cvs version that I've tried to add frames skip support but it's
not really usable and with mpeg4/divx it's not easy since there is only
a few I pictures.

 A way to see if it's cpu related : could you start playing the file at
lower speed ( by clicking on 'Slow' 1,2 or 4 times as soon as possible
) ? If it still crashes could you upload a part of this file ?

--
fenrir