VLC won't display streamed mpeg

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Thu Sep 19 23:41:45 CEST 2002

At 13:40 -0400 19/09/2002, David Gordon (LMC) wrote :

>The mpeg file is playable locally, through network with IPv4 with vlms. But
>with vls, I can see the stream being received on the client with tcpdump but
>not
>displayed graphically with vlc (in IPv6 and IPv4).

I suggest you try with another MPEG file (for instance the Dolby
trailers on our web site). Some MPEG files are known to have problems
with VLS, though I don't understand why it would work with VLMS and
not with VLS. If no MPEG file works with your VLS, maybe your
installation is faulty.

--
Christophe Massiot.