[vlc] Re: Need Help?

Derk-Jan Hartman thedj at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 9 12:03:01 CEST 2003

On woensdag, apr 9, 2003, at 02:51 Europe/Amsterdam, Joshua Taylor
wrote:
> hey LOVE yer app, use it ALLLL the time, But the mac GUI is kinda out
> dated. Can I help design a new one?
>
> JT

Liquidity X. you have to be that guy from the MacNN forums ;)

Well outdated wouldn't be my choice of words, but you are right that it
needs some work.
I myself have been thinking about something like an iTunes interface
for the controller for instance. At the very least the Playlist drawer
needs better integration and resizing, which with the current design
can not be done (drawers which are larger than the window they come
from are not fun ;-).
I can do the technical part of such a thing, but we desperately need
someone to take care of the more Graphic aspects of such a job.

Anyways. we would love to hear your thoughts, see your sketches,
anything that makes VLC better than it is already ;)

DJ

I sense Yet Another Interface Discussion ;)
Videolan - VLC media player
Derk-Jan 'The DJ' Hartman
Co-Developer of the MacOS X port of vlc
Mail: mailto:thedj at users.sourceforge.net