[vlc] Re: help

John Michael Zorko j.zorko at att.net
Mon Apr 21 08:38:27 CEST 2003

Mahesh,

>     I have installed vlc and was running well but now when I check the
> Setting-->preferences then clicking on the
> rc    remote control interface module
>  and then clicking on configure.It now gives this message.
>
> [root at localhost root]# vlc
> VideoLAN Client 0.5.1 Natalya
> [00000139] logger interface: Using the logger interface plugin...
>
> I am not getting how to run it now.

You may be enabling the rc interface, as indicated above.  If this is
true, you can do this from the command line (after you launch VLC):

add <source to add to playlist> [press Enter]
play [press Enter]

... at which point your source should start playing.  If you don't want
to control VLC from the command line, I would suggest disabling the rc
interface you enabled.

>      I know that it is written in C++. Can I get its code.

Actually, VLC is (from what i've seen so far) straight C code.  You can
get it from CVS as per the instructions on the developer link on the
top of www.videolan.org.  I'll be happy to assist you further if you
need help using CVS.

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
New EP, "hope thrown down," available now at
http://www.mp3.com/fallingyou